We are two weeks into 2013, so these goals might appear a bit late, but are better that way than never being made. I’m limiting these goals to the professional arena as most of the readers probably won’t care whether I learned French, took 30 wickets in my club’s summer cricket league, or learned how to make the perfect cappuccino.
With that said, here are the professional goals that I will strive to achieve in 2013:
- Immerse myself in OpenStack and its Quantum component. Specifically, I want to build a cloud in my home lab and create complicated scenarios, including, but not limited to:
- Create virtual Data Centers
- Easily spin off VMs and move them across L2 and L3 domains
- Build and configure Open vSwitch and a Floodlight OpenFlow controller to achieve the tasks above
- Document my findings and release them to the public in easy-to-understand videos and screencasts.
- Watch all of Ivan Pepeljnak’s webinars. So far I’ve only watched about a third.
- Attain a working knowledge of Python via Codeacademy.
- Recertify my CCIE status.
- Play a major role in building a product.
I’ll revisit in about a year to see how I fared!